Batman has always been known for his high-tech equipment. Without superpowers, he can hold his own alongside Wonder Woman and Superman. For this year’s anniversary of the Dark Knight, DC is now announcing a high-tech experience for Batman fans and wants to give kids something to learn in the process. The DC: Batman Bat-Tech Edition app is a mobile app that immerses kids in narrative, technology-inspired stories. In doing so, DC aims to not only give Batman a stage, but also teach kids how to use new technology.
Bat Tech Sizzle Reel (Source: Geekasms)
For example, there is an augmented reality application in the app that lets kids immerse themselves in the world of Gotham City so they can assist Batman in his fight against the Joker, Mr. Freeze or the Riddler. AR storytelling is writ large here, so that young superhero fans can also discover the benefits of immersive media in the best possible way.
In addition to the AR function, however, the app also offers a number of mini-games, AR face filters and even a digital comic. Another highlight, however, is the direct access via the Batman Bat-Tech app to the Batcomputer, where fans can discover all of Batman’s technical secrets.
“The Batman mobile app showcases Batman’s innovative technology, using augmented reality like never before, and gives kids a way to unlock the mystery behind Batman’s crime-fighting gadgets,” said Kevin Morris, vice president, Franchise Management and Marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Kids can now experience being a DC Super Hero alongside Batman, and while learning and playing they can also help save Gotham City.”
From a personal virtual butler to controlling the Batdrone to details of the Batmobile, everything a fan’s heart desires is included.
At launch, the DC: Batman Bat-Tech Edition app offers the following features:.
- Augmented Reality Missions: Here, users themselves become the sidekick of the Dark Knight and dive as a member of Batman’s Knightwatch team in their own Batman adventure. In doing so, the augmented reality application offers a realistic 3D experience based on engineering and design concepts, bringing Batman’s Bat-Tech into our reality.
- Mini Games:These are classic mini-games. From driving the Batmobile to Batarang exercises to multiplayer mode, here they can experience new adventures in the world of Batman.
- AR face filters: With the filters, as we already know from Instagram and Snapchat, the kids can transform into Batman, Joker, Batgirl and many more characters and share the photos with their friends and family.
- Sticker Packs: Users can decorate photos with a variety of Batman stickers, turning an ordinary photo into a cool Batman story.
- Batman Science Lab: Since the app is connected to the DCKids channel, you can directly explore DC’s new series here. “Batman Science Lab” will feature a look at real-world applications of Batman’s technology starting this fall.
In addition, there is also a digital comic series around the Knightwatch program, stickers and much more.
DC is taking an interesting approach with this new app. Not only do they use one of their most popular characters in a completely new and innovative idea. They are also taking young fans into the world of technology and aim to increase understanding and enthusiasm for innovation and technology. An important combination of entertainment and educational content.